Tuesday, April 28, 2009

No whining!

So today I'm not going to complain.

No trashing tv commercials, no chastising so-called news reporters. No whining.

Today the weather is cool, rainy, overcast and just plain gray. But who cares? It's not cold enough to need the furnace (not when your condo is on the top floor - heat rises!) and it is cool, so you don't need the air conditioner.

It seems like the trees leafed out overnight and the views from my decks are great - my building backs to trees and they're full and green and lush and beautiful. I'm sure the rain is helping. The calla lilies survived a winter in their pot in the storage unit, and it looks like the gladiolas and hollyhocks will come back, too. Indoors my tomato seedlings are about three inches high, and the spinach, lettuce, parsley, chives and oregano are struggling along but I have high hopes.

And gratitude.

And just for today, gratitude is all I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment