Sunday, April 26, 2009

Miscellaneous peeves with other tv commercials

  1. Billy Mays, a.k.a. the oxyclean guy. Billy, Billy, Billy.... enough with the SHOUTING!! I just don't buy anything from anybody who finds it necessary to YELL at me, bud. (and I will not, not, not include a link. I just can't stand this guy.)
  2. On the topic of shouting, the "ShamWow" guy is annoying, too. Won't buy products from him, either. (https://www.shamwow.com/ver8/index.asp?did=&refcode=1002)
  3. Where did the Tasters Choice couple amble off to? I miss them. Bring them back.
  4. The ads for spacebags in big bundle packages that you "can only get on tv". O.k., so it sounds like a good deal but here's the kicker - they show all these women saying how fantastic it is to store so much stuff, and the one chick actually says it gives her house "so much more living space". Like, what? They're really enjoying watching t.v. in that closet now? (watch for yourself: https://www.spacebag.com/spacebag/)
  5. Does anybody else find it pretty repulsive on the Hardee's ad where Padma swipes bar-b-q sauce off of her leg and then puts it in her mouth? Ughhh! (Perhaps I'm not the demographic.) (here's the link, for you guys out there: http://www.hardees.com/#/on-tv-now/padma)
  6. Geico moneywitheyes ads. Enough said. (again, too annoying to link up)
  7. And perhaps my biggest pet peeve with tv ads..... the ads within the nightly newscasts. If they would just stop using so much time telling what they're going to tell me, over and over - they'd have enough time to tell me two or three more stories! Seriously, folks, I'm watching you already! Quit telling me you're going to tell me something in a minute, and tell me more news! I'll stay tuned, really I will. As opposed to tuning out, which is what I do now.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with ya on the Billy Mays thing. I think it doesn't help that he's selling 5,000 different products (all that fight stains, interestingly). And the Sham-Wow is just that -- Wow, a Sham.

    ReplyDelete