I've learned so much, and I have so much yet to learn. My life has been blessed, cursed and blessed again. I've learned no one ever says "this too, shall pass" when things go well. But good times pass just as bad ones. Yet we give our love and giving is our decision. Whether or not we get love back is not. But we must give. We must give our love, time, attention, affection, interest and effort to the people around us. We must give to charity to love people we do not even know. We must work for justice and right. We must make havens of our homes to welcome us into safety and serenity to replenish our souls. We must give of ourselves. And we must give to ourselves. We must be strong enough to step back and acknowledge our limits. We must know when our gifts are better used elsewhere. We have to learn these things as we go, as we grow. Or not. It is up to each of us to decide. That is one thing I have learned.
No comments:
Post a Comment