Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Well, I'm Not Dead

Just got home from the hospital late night before last....


Seems my gallbladder has been making stones for some time now, and one of the little bastards decided to block up my bile duct, which then sent my gallbladder into hyperdrive and eventually into spasms, which then spewed the fricking stone into my pancreas, which then got all (and, yes, this is a direct quote from the hospitalist) "pissed off at" me, causing my lipase enzymes to read out at ....

wait for it....

("lipase" is a pancrease enzyme)...

and keep in mind...

"normal" lipase #s are,

for adults,

between 18 and 180....

and as of last Friday

(January 22)

mine were...

are you sitting down???

ta da...

8,348.

It was, apparently, a potentially life-threatening situation as, I was told later, people do actually die of pancreatitis when their numbers are that high. Who knew?

So, I guess going to the ER was the right thing to do.

Even for a hard-headed B* like me.

So, here I am at home again (thank you, God!! soooo good to be home!) on some kickin' A pain meds and waiting for the five holes in my belly to heal up.

Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.

And today, I just gotta rest, take my meds, chill, and say a big, huge, freaking, long overdue "I can never thank you enough" thank you, thank you, thank you to all of the people who have put up with me over years and months... and tell you how much I love you and miss you and I really truly am going to make a better effort to keep in touch and get together.

So, I love you and I miss you and let's get together when I can, again, o.k.???
.

No comments:

Post a Comment