Finished my Christmas shopping today... I think! Except for that teddy bear for Willa... can NOT find one not made in China! Dammit!
Then there always seems to be that unexpected (forgotten??) present that pops into my head at the last minute. So that one is still lurking out there.
But, for the most part, it's done.
This year it's especially important to be timely since so many things have to be mailed (thank you, USPS, for those flat-rate mailers) or have to be dropped off at St. Patrick's Center next Saturday.
Shopping for my St. Pat's family has been so fun this year - I got a mom and her six-year-old daughter. The mom's list was so short and practical. The daughter wanted only the "Hannah Montana movie". How can you not love that?
So there are a few things in the boxes that will be unexpected and, I hope, good surprises. I'm looking forward to getting everything wrapped through the evenings this week. Sometimes I wish I could see their faces when they open things up, but mostly I'm just glad to be able to do even this one small thing to bless someone else.
Being there for someone else, giving without expectation of reward, honoring the birth of Christ by works of charity; that's Christmas.
Because the real gift of Christmas isn't in the presents. It's in the Gift.
Linus was right.
That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKk9rv2hUfA
..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment