What is it about setting up a dinner get-together with your girlfriends that is so out-of-the-ordinary?
I mean, it's such a treat to get together with your friends over a relaxed dinner, just talking, maybe a glass of wine. Or two.
So why is it that we don't do this more often? Perhaps some of you do. Perhaps I'm just not in the loop.
But I'm working on seeing more of my friends, and not just more often but deliberately more often in relaxed, fun settings where we can just have a good time catching up. Not shopping (too expensive!), not going to movies (where you can't talk!), not running around after their kids (or worse, their grandkids! When did we get so old??). Nope. No "activity". Just talk.
That's the luxury, and I intend to indulge more often in it.
Here's hoping you do, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment