Tuesday, June 30, 2009

"Enough"

I remember being a kid, but old enough to recognize when my parent's birthdays were coming around, or around the holidays... you know, when you're old enough to think about what gifts to give your folks ...

Anyway, I remember asking my mom or my dad what they wanted, and they always seemed to say some version of "Oh, honey, I don't need anything."

And I can still feel how amazed I was at that! What?!?? You don't WANT anything??!?? Who doesn't WANT stuff??!? I mean, come on, I was maybe twelve.

So, o.k., I'm not twelve anymore.

And I get it.

"Enough" really is enough! In the last three years I've gone from an eight room house to a one bedroom condo, and along the way I've given over twenty-six packing-size boxes of "stuff" to the Goodwill, the kidney foundation resale shop, or to FISH (which everyone knows is where my mom volunteers 3+ days a week!).

So, basically, I've got a tiny kitchen, a dining room/living room, a huge bedroom, and a bathroom. And a couple of decks.

But really, I still need to get rid of some more stuff.

Like the clothes I truly don't wear. Really. How long do I really need to hold onto clothes I have not worn in two years??? Or jewelry I never really liked to begin with? Well, o.k., I have to say I've divested myself of quite a bit of (ugly!) jewelry since the Big "D". But still, I could get rid of more.

But the kicker is -- I go to the grocery store, and the gas station, and that's about it.

I'm just not that entertained by shopping anymore, much less in accumulating more "stuff".
I love what I have.

So I get it.

When you have what you love in your life, you have enough!

God love and bless all you wonderful people who make my life more than "enough"!

No comments:

Post a Comment